With the summer agreement, Belgium joins ongoing international trends of lower corporate tax rates.
In October and November 2017, KPMG will host seminars on the summer agreement, during which the main changes to the corporate tax regime will be explained.
Issues that will be discussed during the seminar include:
- Gradual reduction of the corporate tax rate;
- Abolition of the crisis contribution;
- Reform of the notional interest deduction;
- Abolition of the 0,412% tax on capital gains on shares for large companies and the introduction of a participation condition;
- Introduction of a minimum tax;
- Implementation of the ATAD directives I and II in Belgian law as from 2020 (interest limitation, CFC,…);
- Introduction of a system of tax consolidation as from 2020.